Late summer update.

We have had lots of water this year, so it has been no problem keeping the pond full.

I have inherited GSF from the pond above as expected. The FHM got off a huge spawn before many GSF got in. It looks like the GSF might've spawned too. I was hoping to have my BG and YP in before GSF spawned, but I have not been able to get the hatchery to deliver. There might be some BG too. They were stocked in the upper pond a while ago, but the GSF definitely have dominated.

The junipers are dead, as expected. They should provide good structure for several years. One of the ones I left on a hump got pulled up by the ice. It politely stayed on the hump, but it is on its side.

The cattails are are starting faster than I'd hoped. I am promoting bulrush, as it has better wildlife values. I'm just manually removing the cattails for now. I'm about breaking even with an hour every couple of days.

Brad
1.5 acre pond with LMB, BG, BCP, CC, FHM and lots of crayfish, unknown type. .5 acre pond with FHM and GSF. 12 acre irrigation reservoir that I don't know what to do with. New pond, roughly 1.5 acres. Pond Boss Subscriber.