I had Nate and Austin from Herman Brothers Pond Management come to my place on Monday and do some shock surveying and analysis. I had a few questions I wanted answered:

1 - as some of you know I'm one of the minority on this site that says you can manage BCP long term in a small(ish) BOW. I wanted confirmation (or not) that my management plan is working.

2 - given my location and the runoff I get into my big pond, I wanted some advice on controlling sediment

3 - I was interested in any other advice Nate and Austin might have

My overall goal for this pond has always been the same - to have a solid fishery primarily focused on good BCP.

After a few hours and some rewiring of the transducer (thanks to some redneck engineering) we got everything I wanted.

The fishery is VERY healthy, with good age classes of LMB, BCP, RES and BG caught. The BCP were especially impressive, and many over 12" were shocked up in a very short period of time.

I should have my report relatively soon and I'll update this post once I get it, but here's a few pics:

Dale

[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water." - anonymous