Originally Posted By: Brad346
Regarding buried vs not, pvc pipe, unless specially lined, will degrade in the sun. It needs to be protected from UV rays. Paint works, but doesn’t last long.

Very good point!

And...

Most pumps come with some sort of little filter for the intake air. The ones I have seen resemble a compressed air muffler made of sintered brass/bronze. While these little filters are adequate for short runs, I would advise stepping up to a pleated cartridge filter.

The filter I used was from McMaster Carr...part number 4369K31. I tested the amp draw with and without the filter and it was 0.1 to 0.2 amps higher with the filter in place. That seemed reasonable to me so I accepted it as "Good Enough".

Here's the link...

https://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/124/422/=1drnv09

I chose this filter because it was the same pipe size that my pump offers at the connection. McMaster has higher CFM rated filters, but you have to bell up to 1/2" pipe size and that seemed unreasonable.

BTW, the filter comes with an element included so don't buy two replacement elements thinking you'll use one and set one back as a spare. I now have two spares.

Fish on!,
Noel