Our new 2 acre tank outside of Eastland (mid west/northern TX) filled for the first time (overflowed several times since!) and was stocked in late October with 400 BG, 100 HBG, 200 RSF 100 CC and 13# of fat heads. All from the Stock My Pond guys that stopped at the feed store. Do I need more? Arms hatchery is not far from here but only carries native LMB. Is it worth a drive to Overton's to stock F1s or FLMB instead of natives? Does Stock My Pond carry good genetics of LMB? I am thinking only 50 of whatever to get started. When do I add them? This all new to me and I'm just trying to get it as right as I can!

On another matter, I have a 2+ acre sediment/wetland area. Most of it has a foot of water. We dug a 30x80ft area 4 ft deep sediment trap. The area is chock full of mosquitoes. Thinking of adding 5# fat heads and 50 BG. It overflows a road in really high flow and through small culvert into the main tank. Gams are hard to come by. During drought it will go dry but can be seined. Thoughts?

Thanks - CB

How are you going to know unless you try!

NW TX 2ac main pond fed from 1100ac watershed going through 2 2+ac sediment ponds. 1st filled 10/2018
900BG, 200RES, 200HBG, 100CC and 23# FHM...."Free" BH, GSF GSH, LMB & ??? 75LMB 3/2020
I subscribe!