Rainman,

Update: Had a great chat with Rex// he has a different stocking then on his websight// The numbers below are now correct.

OK - to clear up my post above and get good #'s for folks that might reference this thread could you answer my thoughts and what I think is correct from your TP websight? This is to get a good baseline for me as I would really really like to stock TP but am not either finding the right info or I maybe confused on the algorithm of stocking and pricing.

I'll use the two ponds that I would like to stock this spring as examples. (I'm a pond maintenance newbie and just trying to get clear info)

pond1 = Long Pond, 2.5 acre, 20', static (no water in/out flow) stripmine pond, good pH with aquatic submerged weed growth, minimal FA, LOTS of debris and submerged structure, 30 3-4" CC stocked last year, LMB and BG perpetual population. Largest LMB to date 7.5#

pond2 = Figure8 Pond, 1.25 acre, 15', static (no water in/out flow) stripmine pond, Great pH with LOTS of submerged weed growth, lots of FA, Lots of debris and submerged structure, Stocked twenty=20 TP last year 5 large males and 15 smaller females (I think, I didn't lift any skirts LoL) - no TP seen in Oct-Nov cool down. LMB and BG perpetual population.

The stocking numbers are from other posts on TP here at pondboss, algae and forage are my target goals:
---- Brood stock is what goes into the ponds 6-9" majority

pond1 = 30#'s per acre * 2.5 acre = 75#'s of TP
pond2 = 30#'s per acre * 1.25 acre = 37#'s of TP

pond1 75# of TP @ $17/# = $1275

pond2 37# of TP @ $17/# = $629

Plus shipping...$350

The below is a mistake from his reply - he meant $1,000.00
Quote:
Please advise where / how I messed up as I would really like to stock TP at your stated 'under $100 annually'

"To get the equal amount of forage from a minnow versus Tilapia, you'd have to spend several thousands of dollars compared to under 100 for tilapia annually...."

Last edited by Stressless; 12/26/18 06:46 PM.

8 Ponds in Mid-East Ohio, three streams that merge to 1.

Fishbowl Pond - 1.5 acre, family swimming hole, 22'
Figure 8 Pond - 1.25 acre, 12'
Crescent Pond - 2 acre 11'