Originally Posted By: jpsdad
To be sure, any efficient food production is short term. For example, Swingle grew harvestable BG in one season in sufficient quantity to exceed what one can grow in a LMB-BG pond in 5-6 seasons when fertilization is the only enhancement to fertility. Yes, the focus was on producing food in a short period of time as there is no long-term food production strategies that are efficient for food production at a farming level.

But the value of his research lies in the controls that were exercised. We are able to discern the relative success of different forage combinations.

For example, from his research I am able to discern that tilapia are a negative for 0-year LMB.

In what sense are tilapia a negative for Y0 LMB? Do they inhibit reproduction, or growth, or LMB forage? Personally, I'd like it if they inhibited LMB reproduction, as (like most pondmeisters) I have too many small bass.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160