I'm still really confused about why my fish have all but quit taking pellets. I've quit running aeration at night and manually run it of the afternoon, after I've tried feeding. Where I once had hundreds of BG/GSF hanging out waiting for pellets, now there are none. And only a few takers coming up. Not even the BH!! The majority of what I'm feeding now are minnows.

Air temperature today is 82 and surface temp is 80. No changes in weather for the past few days. They should be feeding hard!

Is it possible they're satisfied with all the minnow forage (there's thousands of them from 1/4 -2" long) and they've just lost interest in the pellets?

Edit:
The wife and I were talking over dinner, and I tend to agree with her observation....feeding has been greatly diminished since I installed the aeration. Is this common?

Last edited by Mike Whatley; 10/28/18 03:26 PM.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!