I just pulled up all of that cattail plant. It didn't have any kind of saw edge to it. Actually quite smooth. No bigger than it was, it was a bugger to pull out. Doubt I got all the ryzone up. It was under the mud pretty deep, so it'll probably come back. I'll just have to keep pulling it up as it returns. Also pulled up some of the water willow. It came up rather easily and I'll probably keep thining it out some. Its getting pretty thick on the bank by the main spawning area.

I've been doing some digging on the internet on plant number three. The closest I can come to it is Lanceleaf Arrowhead, AKA Bulltongue Arrowhead. It's native to pretty much all of the coastal SE US from Delaware to Texas and isn't considered invasive. I'll do some more digging on Mud Plantains to see what I find.

Edit: looks like it could be a mud plantain as well. Either way, I guess I'll let it stay for now.

Last edited by Mike Whatley; 08/31/18 07:46 PM.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!