Originally Posted By: TGW1
I think it is a nice looking fish. The head fits the body, not a big headed small body lmb. I think the summer months here in E. Texas warms the water temps quite high and make them less likely to feed. I'm no expert but I think if I had a fish that looked like that in August I might return it to the pond. Depending if I had a lot of 6 to 7" bg for them to feed on. And what if the lmb was to eat a 7" bg just before it was caught, how would that improve the weight at the time of the fish being weighed?

When I used to fish bass tournaments (40+ a year), nothing was more frustrating than to catch a really nice bass, all fat and healthy, drop it in the live well and later find it had coughed up a 6 inch BG. I could see that paycheck slipping away!! Sometimes it only took ounces to either be in the money or just another donater.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!