That's a big greenie for sure!!

I haven't been on the site very long, but here's my $.02. I've had GSF in my little pond almost since the day it started filling. I now have a very diverse mix of them and other panfish species as I've decided to not fight mother nature. I say that because thru all my reading and limited effort to remove them, the only way to get them out completely is to kill the whole pond and start over, but the odds of them showing up again down the road is definitely in the fish's favor, not yours. They are very prolific, even with a single spawn cycle and seem to come from nowhere.

I personally have come to admire the fish. Their mouth gage is large enough to take on small fry and help with crowd control on the BG. They are very aggressive, almost comparable to LMB. They eat just as good as BG, IMO.

You can fight her, or you can accept her. Either way, mother nature is gonna have her way. Even the professional hatcheries can't control their existence, thus the HBG creation, which may be where yours came from.

Again....my $.02, probably not worth that.

Good luck with whatever path you decide to take.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!