Originally Posted By: Greg Grimes

Heck get some one on the board to volunteer a pond and you can approach in a scintific manner and see what the stocking of certain number of bluegill and certain number of a particular catfish species will result in a few years, otherwise a college will not take on this research. wink

I'm volunteering a public pond near ...

I caught a nice 22" channel last evening but I just couldn't bring myself to move it to the pond. As much as I would like to improve that pond, its not mine to improve and I've decided its going to remain how it is. It's a good source of bait smile. I would certainly like to understand more about how channel catfish big enough to eat bluegill might impact bluegill growth and whether their presence is really a benefit. Anecdotally, mine own observations would seem to support that they don't harm a fishery with the goal of large bluegill when bass are also present. While not any definitive understanding, I guess I'll have to be satisfied.

Cheers

Last edited by jpsdad; 05/24/18 04:02 PM.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers