Been dang busy around the farm this spring but have had a chance to do a little fishing the last few days.

Good news on this main 3 acre pond is that I caught a couple of LMB on the 12"+- range. Picture of one below. Was fishing for small to medium size BG to transfer to my old refurbished pond and caught them a few feet out from the bank where the BG were feeding. Also a friend caught a couple of smaller LMB a few weeks ago. This is good news because I have had a terrible time getting successful LMB spawns. I have had a few large LMB that were fairly hard to catch but almost no smaller bass. Catching these gives me hope that the tide is turning and I am getting some LMB replacement to help take care of my oversupply of BG.

Speaking of BG the second picture is of a male BG I caught just a few minutes ago. It is close to 9". This is the kind of fish I would like to catch regularly. The problem has been I can catch 6-8" BG in large numbers and also plenty smaller, but these larger specimens have been too few. I've just had way too many BG overall. I hope to get my LMB numbers up to help take care of that. I like pan fish fishing so having an abundance of 12-15" LMB would not bother me at all.

Or considering the BG it could be that I am just a poor angler. I only fish my own ponds and only been actively fishing for the last four years. Maybe there are lots of large BG out there and I just don't know how to catch them. Maybe some of you guys can come up to my Pond Boss Forum informal SE Kansas get together and show me how it is done.

Attached Images
20180518_194636.jpg 20180520_135702 (600 x 600).jpg
Last edited by snrub; 05/20/18 03:57 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine