If only we could.

None available to buy that I know of.

And from a discussion I had with Rainman in my spotted bass thread , in my home state Kansas if I take a spotted bass from a public water (bucket stock it) the state determines the fish in that pond now to be theirs from that point forward (till all fish in the BOW are destroyed) no longer mine, so no way am I going to do that. Even if from a practical standpoint it would not likely affect my pond usage, no way I want to potentially involve a government agency any more than they are already involved in control over my life.

Here is Rainman's statement from that thread:

KS Statute 32-703: State ownership of wildlife. The ownership of and title to all wildlife, both resident and migratory, in the state, not held by private ownerships, legally acquired, shall be, and are hereby declared to be in the state.

If caught in a stream flowing through property, you may not need a license to catch it, but you will to sell it commercially. If stocked into a pond, the fish caught and all offspring are State property.

If anyone knows differently I would sure like to know the law that says it is ok to take public fish from public waters and stock a private pond with no repercussions or claims from the state.

Last edited by snrub; 03/31/18 11:35 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine