Cool place Mobley. I saw your question about quartz/granite. We happen to have both in our kitchen and like them both for different reason. We have quartz on our counters and a contrasting granite on an island and on a built in desk. I had asked for white marble for the counters, but a friend of mine does most of the stone in houses around my community and he told me that he always tries to talk clients out of marble. I know that's not what you asked about, but he really likes quartz because of it's easy maintenance and stain-resistance. That has been my experience with it too. I was also told to keep hot pans off of it or it can discolor. The only thing that bothers me (and probably no one else) is that it is still a manufactured product so from 10' ft it looks like natural rock (marble), but from 2' I can still see pixelation (for lack of a better term) in the product. Mine is white with fine sand-sized aggregates which make the patterns. Looks great, but when I'm standing over it I'm reminded that it's not natural stone. Like I said, I'm probably the only one who notices or thinks about it.

The granite on our other areas is beautiful and I love the look of it, but it does require a little more maintenance. Pros and cons with both, but both are overall great.

Hope this helps.

J Waters
Dam'd Waters Farm
2/3 ac dam'd stream pond
BG, HBG, RES, LMB, YP