Tracy, Once up on a time, I built knives the old fashioned way; kinda blacksmithing with files, lawnmower blades and industrial hacksaw blades. I quit for a long time and then tried to start again. Arthritis in my hands make that a real chore. Then, I discovered Jantz Supply in Oklahoma through another guy. He showed me the blades made by Russell Green River. I remembered that they were the company that supplied knives to the early mountain men who were trappers. That intrigued me and I bought a couple of them. They are high carbon steel(not water or rust proof) which takes and holds an edge. I realized that I couldn't make a better blade. They start out spooky sharp. I "built" some skinners and gave then away. Ken got one because he skins and butchers a lot of deer.

I buy craft wood and use a 2 inch sander or a 1 inch. I have 4 altogether. I also now have hearing aids after doing a couple hundred. 5/32 inch brass rod from the hardware store and epoxy make it all come together. Just about any kind of furniture/wood finish will complete it.

HEARING PROTECTION, leather gloves and a leather apron are also used.
By now, I can knock one out in less than AN hour over 2 days time.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP