Originally Posted By: TGW1
A scary time for me was when we were Rattling up bucks once. We rattled up 6 one day. And during this one rattle up, I had a buck come running in all pissed off. He was so close to me I could see the hair standing up on the back of his neck. Like a fighting dog when his hair stands up. Anyway, he almost ran over me and I was just a couple of feet away from him. He was pissed off to say the least. After him seeing me he just made a 20' circle around me till he finally cooled off and then he took off. It all happened so fast I got no shot off and it was a nice buck on a trophy ranch I was invited to. Something I had never seen before at the time and have never seen since. All the other bucks I have rattled up come in at a much more cautious stance.

Creepy, my oldest son and wife bumped up a big buck last year. He was pawing the ground and grunting at them. They were not there to hunt just out for a 4 wheeler ride and my boy wanted to show my wife the big scrub on the tree. Needless to say it didn't take my wife long to skin out of there.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.