Here are the knives we use. Best? Doubtful but I really do not know as we have used nothing else.

I could not find a name anywhere on the one my wife uses which is the one with the black handle and the individual case. She likes it the best because it is more flexible than the KVD which are the ones in the three knife kit with the sharpener. I use the small KVD fillet knife. I suppose we might use the others some day if we ever clean larger fish, but about the biggest thing we clean to date is 3# CC and we clean a lot more BG than CC so the small knife is plenty big.

The other pictures are just some of the cleaning we did today. Don't have a final count on the fish (wife will do that when she counts the fillets as she freezes them) but it was at least a 5 gallon bucket full of BG with about 10% HBG and a few GSF. Ended up with right at 10# of filleted boneless meat.

Carolynn works where she is standing and I work off the end where the green hose and stool is in the picture.

The description is wrong on the picture as it should read the "near end" as I am standing where I fillet when I took the picture. In the last picture if you look at the end of the dock on the right hand side, there is a cage floating in the water. That is where we keep the fish till ready to clean a big bunch at once like we did today.

Attached Images
20171105_131416.jpg 20171105_131455.jpg 20171105_131440.jpg 20171105_131508.jpg 20171105_131534.jpg
Last edited by snrub; 11/05/17 09:30 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine