This forum may not be the place to ask but with lots of land owners here then maybe someone can help me out. And this thread is talking of deer so here is the question. How do you count your Buck Doe ratio? For me, I'm not sure how to figure the correct way. Let say I have 25 doe in 175 acres for most if not all of the year. Of course some will slip over to the neighbors place but they will move back and forth most everyday because I have around 12 to 15 acres of year round wildlife food plots and water (pond and bayou) and cover. The bucks count will be somewhere in the 10 to 12 range with some mature and some yoy. So I am thinking two does to one buck, but what about the non resident bucks that travel through the place during the rut? I will see an additional 10 bucks that will show up (based on cameras) and sighting , and maybe more. Do I count those bucks in the ratio? I think they have to be counted as they will stay for weeks at a time and late season they will stay for a month or two. And maybe this will help answer. TP&W has set the harvest at two does and two bucks( at 13" or better spread, outside the ears) does can only be hunted during archery season and the first two weeks of gun season. And with that I don't think we have excess numbers of doe here.

Your thoughts on this

Last edited by TGW1; 11/05/17 10:19 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy