It's a little over a mile away, but I can see the dam at Mark Twain from across the road. I bought a boat thinking I'd be over at Mark Twain a lot, but since we built the pond, we haven't used the boat..
I stocked YP, RES, SMB, and HSB after stocking the FHM. We are having a blast catching and releasing the SMB. And eating a lot of YP. I also added some HBG from the guy at 19 & 54. (I also bought FHM from him.) It's a bit different stocking than a lot of Missouri ponds, and has worked well for us. Granted, I haven't seen a single HSB, but I hope to one of these days. The YP are our go to fish for grandkids. They are very tasty and easy to clean. We swim in the pond a lot, and found the HBG to be biters, so we aren't going to add any more, and don't release any. I do keep a feeder going during the summer, but have it set fairly low. Two bags of feed last three months.
We've found the folks in Ralls county to be extremely friendly. Except for the lady that approves septic systems,, but that's another story. Lots of big deer around. Gearing up for that now. Welcome to the forum. I've received tons of help from the experts here.
If you want to sample a YP, let me know.
Jeff

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023