When resources are extremely tight, simpler food webs are better. I would practice put-grow-and-take omitting use of a forage species. The transfer of energy and mass from forage to predator would result in less harvestable fish. In my area the default fishable species would be Spotted Bass as they are very good at taking advantage of allochthanous inputs (forages that fall in from outside pond). Smallmouth Bass I am not so sure about in that capacity and Largemouth Bass are inferior to Spotted Bass.

Another option is to use only a hybrid sunfish with very low fertility. Best of those hard to find on the market.

The option that would be most fun to me is to stock with a panfish of the sunfish family that can reproduce. Pumpkinseed, Warmouth, Green Sunfish, and Flier all can work for this. You are likely to see reproduction, feeding behavior, territoriality and even a little angling fun for stunted fish small kids would love. I have had small ponds prone to fish kills that still support Warmouth and Fliers quite well. It is fun to stake out lawn chair space near nesting habitat where all but the Flier can provide entertainment 5 months of the year. These guys can be feed trained in pond and you might be able to promote inputs from night flying insects by using a bug zapper.

Aquaculture
Cooperative Research / Extension
Lincoln University of Missouri