I was hoping someone would ask that! Here is an edited copy of what I sent the pond mgmt company doing my survey:
- so, my goals for this fishery is to diversify the fish population a bit more. Currently my pond is known to have BCP and BG.
- the BG population is reproducing but adults are stunted. They've taken to feeding well (just started summer 2017). I like BG and wouldn't mind catching some bigger ones. But they are my forage base primarily.
- so, with the above being said, I was strongly leaning to ladder stock HSB (hybrid striped bass) over the next 5 years (and perhaps indefinitely if all goes well), but only 10-15 per year in the 7" size range. My thinking is I want their mouth gape to be large enough to help control my BCP and BG population, especially the 4 inch and under fish. I also want to be mindful of my carrying capacity (for this 2.5 acre eutrophic pond). I do have aeration, but that doesn't make me bullet proof for a DO crash, given the right conditions.
- I was also thinking of ladder stocking some walleye, with the same apex predator help in mind, at about the same rate.
- I was wondering about adding some RES, for some snail management and possibility of trophy panfish as bonus fish.
- I was also wondering about SMB as another apex and bonus fish. I am thinking it best to avoid LMB due to over production issues they can also present.

So, to summarize:
- 10-15 HSB (7 inch size range)
- 10-15 walleye (5-7 inch size range)
- 8-10 SMB (5-7 inch size range)
- 50 RES (4-5 inch size range)"

"Politics": derived from 'poly' meaning many, and 'tics' meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.