Right now I only have minnows in the pond. We had temps to -30 degrees over the winter and very few of the brook trout, and none of the bluegills survived. The brookies have disappeared, thanks to a bald eagle, I think. So I'm about to start restocking my pond. Anyway, BT is a bacterial control for mosquitos, not a chemical - it's also used for control of various garden pests, like tomato horn worms. For mosquitos, the larvae feed on it and the BT paralyzes their gut and they die of starvation, without getting to hatch to adult mosquitos. I'm wondering if the BT will do that to other bugs, and thus reduce the available feed that I'll have for my fish. I plan to keep putting minnows in, but, I'd like the fish to have bugs available to feed on as well. I don't want to kill off all the bug life in order to get the mosquitos. Don't other pond owners out there have mosquito problems? West Nile virus hit Colo. hard last year with way too many deaths, and I'd like to have my pond, but not the mosquitos. I'll use the BT but I'd like to find out if I'm going to kill off other bug life before I do it. Any info is appreciated, thanks.