I just bought a property and share a pond with the guy I purchased the property from. He dug the pond out himself in 2003. The pond was designed with two coves, about 4-5 feet deep and it goes out about 11-12' by the damn. It is aerated with a large fountain. It does not have a lot of structure in it from what I can tell. I have added a Georgia cube 4x5x4 size out near the damn (where it starts to get to about 6-7 feet deep) and have made five smaller PVC habits that are within 10 feet of the shore. The owner told me it has lots of 5-6lb bass, 8-10lb catfish, and lots of bluegill (I have not found this to be true). He however doesn't fish it, hasn't fished it in years. I think it has been fished maybe six times in past eight years. The pond size is 1.25 acres.

I have fished it several times a week now for a month and started feeding high quality feed and catfish feed (in different spots.) I have only caught 1/2 pound - 1 lb bass, several good sized bluegill, and we have caught a few 3-7lb cats. I don't feel the pond is completely over run with fish. There is two large grass carp in it as well I see when I mow. When I feed the catfish I get 9 to come to surface and eat regularly. They appear to be 3-9 lb-ish in size.

I have noticed seeing small baitfish now up by the shore (Didn't see any for first two weeks). In Kansas City we have had over 17" of rain this month and close to 23" past five weeks. The pond also has several small springs that help keep the water high.

I would like to stock it with more fish, a lot of the time when we throw a worm and bobber out my kids don't get bites.

My thinking was adding at least 100 large bluegill, 10lbs of FHM, and 30 hybrid stripers, 10-20 catfish. (I do plan on feeding purina sportsman and aquamaxx in different parts of the pond.)

I am looking for a place where bluegill can easily be caught by my kids for fun and a place that has ability to have a few 5 lb bass (average or 2-3 lbs), 10lb catfish, and some hybrids that a decent size.

What should I stock? Draining the pond or killing all the fish off and starting over is not an option.