Looking for some help here. I'm new to ponds in general. We purchased our home in April of 2017. We have (I'm guessing) approximately a 1/2 acre pond. There is currently no aeration and the water has not had any kind of treatment whatsoever. I'd say it's in pretty rough shape. All of my reading tells me that the best thing I can do is install an aerator. Problem is, I have no power to this area of my lot. What I do have, however, is a water line that runs from the pond to the basement in the house. This is how they used to get their water. No worries, I've since had city water run so we are good there. I'm thinking I should be able to use that existing 1" PVC line as an aerator line. This way I could use the power that already exists in the basement, and I wouldn't need to protect a pump from the elements. I'm looking for recommendations on how to accomplish this. Any reason to NOT do it this way? Seems it would save me a lot of trenching and $$ running power back to the pond. Thanks in advance for the help!