Yes it is depressing what's happened to PhotoBucket, but hey such is life. And what's great about this country is you can just take your business elsewhere. Two weeks ago I showed up at my doctor's office with a sinus infection...they take walk-ins and I arrived 45 mins before closing time but they already had their doors locked. So I simply drove a few miles to a CareNow clinic and was seeing the doctor within 20 minutes and was out the door with a steroid shot and the RX within 45 mins.

The somewhat unique thing about PhotoBucket was they had BOTH hosting and a pretty robust edit function at the same site. Many of the other image hosting sites either have no edit function or pretty limited edit functions.

PostImage seems to have made some recent changes and made it harder to get "true direct link url's" for an image. PostImage has had some issues over the last year, in fact they almost shut down but a last minute donation campaign kept them afloat. I recently e-mailed them about some changes happening and they have not responded. In the past they always responded to my e-mails quickly. I am suspicious PostImage may go the way of PhotoBucket as well.

I came across this website to attach a URL to an image on your computer. This site can be used with or without signing up and seems pretty good...real easy to create a URL for images on your computer.....but I am still playing with it as far as edit functions:

http://www.ezimba.com/index-ln.html

Fishing has never been about the fish....