Well, I'm at full pool right now. But my water level has just come up 4.5' since March. We've had a drought for the last eight or nine month, but it's over that's for sure. Water going out the pipe.
The SMB were large enough to spawn last spring, but I haven't found any evidence that they did. Until now I've had too many tadpoles to catch a single minnow, as all traps would just immediately fill with tadpoles. The tadpoles seem to have tapered off though. Hopefully I'll start actually some fish in the traps. I will have them out over the weekend.
Earlier this spring, most of the SMB beds were above water. Now they are down 3-5 feet. I imagine I've missed any chance to observe the SMB on the beds this spring. I had ankle surgery four weeks ago, and have been pretty much down and out since then. But I'm headed up in a hour or so to see what's going on. Only I believe it's raining again.
I'll let you know if I observe any SMB fry in the fish traps. Between my trees drinking the water, the drought, and a small leak, my water level is just very inconsistent. I don't think that's helping the spawn.

Last edited by SetterGuy; 05/26/17 06:56 AM.

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023