I started up this thread so others might learn. And Thanks to ewest for all he has done with this thread to help explain what is really going on in my pond.

Flame,"Couch Potato Bass" was explained at the last Pond Boss Conference as a LMB that only has to turn his head to eat and never has to off the couch to go get his meal. smile And that will put extra weight on your lmb in a high forage count pond. It may make them a little harder to catch using artificial but when you do catch one smile And Flame, as you know I am no expert but have some experience, so passing it along here for you. Hope this help you out. If your lmb are under weight with all the cnbg forage u have, it tells me the size forage is wrong for the lmb to eat. Your lmb have thinned out the numbers in the size range they need to eat to gain weight. you are short in the right sized cnbg for the lmb to eat and gain weight. I am pretty sure others here might jump in for a better explanation, as I usually leave something out.

Highflyer Brian, I almost never fish for the lmb, fishing only once for them in the last 6 months. If they are going to learn not to bite, then I want them to learn "THAT" when they are large, u know 8 plus smile I have caught and seen one lmb that was full of eggs this year, and I have also caught one male lmb that his tail was so bloody and reduced in size that I was not sure the lmb would survive the spawn. I have caught a lot of spawning male lmb in my life and this one had the worst tail I have ever seen, no telling how many beds he built. And to answer your question about additional forage stocking, I am not sure at this time, I did talk to Todd about adding some small Tp this fall but now I am not sure. But, I do not want to be where there is a shortage of the right sized forage. And knowing me, I will most likely add the additional TP.

snrub, best wishes on your pond, no matter which way you go. But you need to add some HSB. They are strong fighters and will grow larger in Kansas over E Texas. And man oh man, what a pleasure they are to tie into.

Last edited by TGW1; 05/18/17 06:38 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy