I've got a 4.8 acre pond that's 2.5 years old that has been ideal in every way until yesterday morning when i saw it had turned over. 3-400 dead CNBG and RESF and about 50 LMB, along with thousands of threadfin. This morning it's worse than yesterday.

I've been running 2 3" pumps spraying water in air since yesterday morning but not sure if they are doing any good. Seems that it got worse at night when dissolved oxygen is lowest anyway.

When I built my pond I asked the large reputable company that stocked it, and has since helped manage, fertilize etc, if he thought I needed aeration and he said no they didn't recommend it due to infrequency of pond TO and cost. I could kick myself for not doing what I knew was the right thing, which I had learned mostly via this awesome forum.

If anyone has any recommendations as to how I can mitigate this ongoing kill, please let me know. The management company told me that it wouldn't help to remove the dead fish, but I did so yesterday including most of the threadfin which I bagged and froze for offshore bait/chum. Needless to say I will be installing aeration at the right time going forward.

Thanks in advance and man does this suck,
Ronnie