Thanks esshup, always a treat to have your input. Well, ya know what? I pulled on that blasted pipe for a good bit, while my Honey's son Ben held onto my lifevest while he was on shore to not let anything too bad happen. I could not get the pipe to lift all the way free of the inlet at the bottom without any leverage, so he went into the pond himself. It took his full strength to hug it and pull it up. Then he scooted the few feet to shore quick, and crawled up on land without incident at all.

I am mainly replying to your post to say the pond seemed to drain for a moment, then stopped draining much at all. A trickle of about the same amount as its usual flow seems to be what the case is right now. So it is not overflowing but is not draining either.

Incredible that with as phenomenal of force as that much water pressure creates, whatever is blocking the outlet can actually withstand it. I intend to find a gas powered water pump (or air?) to attach to the outlet and blow out whatever is impeding the flow, which, yes, I know, is exactly what you recommended to do anyway.

I was also thinking to try to find the inlet with a long small diameter pole, e.g., long aluminum pool cleaner pole to see if I could just poke whatever it is through the pipe inlet. Absolutely no change has occurred in water level since yesterday when the pipe was pulled, except for that little bit at first that I mentioned.

It irritates me that I did not know there was a second side drain screw-in drain cap several inches from the bottom of the vertical drain pipe that we pulled out yesterday. Had I known that plug was there, I'd have just unscrewed that first before yanking the whole pipe - MUCH less likelihood of plugging a side drain hole than a very bottom hole. Oh well. Learn as ya go.

Again, many thanks for any and all input helping me become a wiser pond steward.

Last edited by DCQuarterCircle; 04/26/17 11:42 AM.