Originally Posted By: wbuffetjr

I see... It doesn't look difficult. With Trout I wouldn't have to worry about scales. Is it not a problem "handling" the fish that much? I would really like to tag all the Trout we stock this year. I just worry about transporting them ~5 hours and then manhandling them all to get them tagged. It would suck if I ended up killing a bunch!

Put the fish on a wet surface, and have wet hands. You can also use a bit of clove oil to slow them down a bit. You get faster with experience, I can tag fish about as fast as they are slapped on the table. Takes longer to read the floy tag number and write it down (by a different person - fish slime, pens and paper don't play well together, not even "write in the rain" stuff...)

Colored, non-numbered tags for just tagging fish stocked at a certain time or "batch", numbered floy tags to track weights and lengths of individual fish. Not all tags will stay in for the life of the fish, I don't know why. I have seen tags that were 5 years old and had to have algae scraped off of them so they could be read.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).