Originally Posted By: John F
Originally Posted By: RAH
I believe the primary job of the government should be to protect us from other people, not ourselves. People should not be protected from their own stupidity. We should have the right to be stupid as long as it does not hurt others.

X2

BTW, these new gas can rules will cause some people to put their gas in empty juice jugs or soap jugs just for the ease of pouring. Make something too hard to use and people will defeat it, and make things worse in the process. Hopefully, the weakened EPA will rescind the fuel container rules made in the past 7 years or so.

X3

In the name of safety our wonderful land of the free and home of the brave has turned into the land of the enslaved and the home of the sissy.

On the stupid gas can, by the way all mine are modified to actually work, there are a number of reason's why stupid "people" made this stupid law. First though, even the new gas can can't stop this nonsense.
https://stateimpact.npr.org/oklahoma/201...ut-of-business/

I guess we need another new regulation or safety device to stop yet another form of stupidity?

Now, onto the stupid gas can law we have. It is about spillage. I challenge ANYONE to use one of these stupid government cans that the government has forced us to use and NOT spill more gasoline then you did before the stupid new cans were put into affect.

https://lfb.org/how-government-wrecked-the-gas-can/

On the sad story about the poor kid and the mower, not my problem. To infringe on 350 million people because someone gets run over by a mower is poppycock. How many people are run over by mowers going forward? Where's the cool new regulation to stop that Darwin winning move?

We can safety police ourselves to death but things just keep happening. Shall we get rid of natural gas and propane grills/furnaces/space heaters? Check out the fascinating numbers on that miracle fuel. I can sit here and opine all day that if some poor child burns themselves at your grill we should all lose the right to grill our burgers. For some, there's just no end to enslaving you for their good intentions.

I just got a new pond, I made it twice because I aint so bright.