This has only happened maybe 5 times in the last 2 years and the most recent just a few minutes ago. I caught a 7 1/2in. cnbg and when I got the single hook out of its lip it flopped out of my hand and onto the carpeted floor of my pontoon boat. This was about a 3 foot drop. It killed the fish instantly!! This has happened before and 2 times I can remember when I tossed them back in the pond they instantly died from impact on the water. I really take care of my babies but accident happen. My question is...Are cnbg that sensitive to being dropped normally. I have caught many hundreds of fish out of my pond and I always just toss them right back in the water with no problem. This last one was extremely healthy looking and to me it just seems strange that it would have died like that. Is there a certain part of their body or head that would do that if dropped or do I maybe have something else going on?? Just trying to learn all I can about them.

Dear Alcohol, We had a deal where you would make me funnier, smarter, and a better dancer... I saw the video... We need to talk.