I tend to classify BG x GSF hybrids as being either BG dominant, or GSF dominant. Meaning they favor one heritage more than the other. I have both here in our pond, and one of the most telling characteristics for me is the body dynamic. Does it favor the classic big bluegill, round pie plate shape, or is it the stockier, heavy body commonly associated with GSF?

Look at the fish in the photo ewest posted, and notice the shape. Round. Then look at Dave's fish...more blocky. Add the yellow pelvics, huge mouth, opercular marking, (which I hadn't noticed, thanks Bill), and it just points to some GSF in there, to me anyway.

I'll go out on a limb and toss out the notion that the fish is not one of Al's, but a naturally occurring hybrid. Hatched into that pond a few years ago, reaped the benefits of the drought compressing his food supply into easily gulpable quantities.

Maybe the unusual appearance is due to being an f2 or later, and/or backcrossing with a BG. I don't know, just thinking out loud.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.