I'm with you on not eating our project fish. I often get asked whether I ate the fish in the photo, and the answer is almost always no. Some people look at their fish as an investment, and as such they're looking for a return on that investment, by way of a mount for the wall or supper for the table. I see that, but my return is the satisfaction I get from watching them grow.

If they die of old age without becoming a filet for the plate, I'm perfectly Ok with that.

Ewest, I would love to study additional photos of CNBG with all yellow pelvics, can you post some photos? I've seen the tipped/bordered fins, but the solid color is new to me.

If we allow the large gape being due to local adaptation, then both Al's and George's fish should display the same trait, correct? I'm sure the adaptation requires more than one generation to manifest itself?

Yeah Dave, breaking the rod just plain sucked. But, it was my own fault. I was fishing an area with an excessive amount of topographical challenges! grin

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.