I haven't done this yet but will soon be attempted. My thoughts are to put it on a small dock just to get it out from the bank at least 4 feet, maybe 8 depending on my dock budget. Once the hanger is secured to the dock (my feeder hangs from something) I will put together a sheet metal shield that catches the feed that is trying to be thrown back towards the bank and lets it slide into the water. I realize this will heavily concentrate the feed at the dock. but I don't have a better idea...YET. I have seen deer feeders out in the pond, but you have to fill it by using a boat. I'm not too hip on that idea. I have thought of putting up a clothes line on pulleys across my little pond to hang the feeder from, but I am liking the little dock idea better. Fisherman Dan posted a picture on this thread...

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=35510&Number=465434#Post465434

that shows his feeder on a small dock. This is what I have in mind except I would be using a deer feeder possible hanging over the water a bit.

Last edited by Quarter Acre; 03/17/17 10:31 AM.

Fish on!,
Noel