It's here. Not really sure about it yet, I need to get some seat time and see what I think before passing judgement. It's such a far cry from what I'm used to, I'm unsure whether it's my inexperience, or the machine itself. My initial assessment from a whopping 20 minutes of operation is that the 60 year old 801 it's supposed to replace, would absolutely eat it's lunch. If it were my first tractor I would be thrilled, and probably outside wrapping it in a blanket. But it isn't my first tractor.

It runs good, and operates like a dream. Very easy and intuitive. It's light....way light compared to what I'm used to. The notion that 4WD makes up for light weight, appears ludicrous at this time. But, that may be my unfamiliarity talking again. I love the simplicity of operation that the hydro offers, with it's twin pedal setup, but I'm expecting more grunt from the transmission. The old Ford, and the even older Allis, will continue to pull right up until they 1) Lose traction, 2)stall the engine, 3) Twist something expensive in two. The LS just stops...no wheel slip, no stall, no breakage, (okay I like that part), nothing, Just "That's all I've got, not doing any more". That's weird. Maybe normal for hydros, maybe I need to max the rpm out, I just don't know. I do know if it were a hydro mower that came into my old shop and acted like that, I would be checking for a slipping belt, or a worn hydraulic pump/motor. We'll see.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.