One of our "perks"for our farm employees is they can fish the pond. Each spring I type up (modify last years) a single page of regulations for them to follow. It is in writing, so there is no "I thouht you meant". It covers what they can and can't take to eat, slot limits, etc.

The rule I have is they personally can fish the pond anytime they like (as long as it is not company time and I am paying wages..... eek ) . Some day I may have to modify that, but to date no one has been a problem of excessive use. They can bring a buddy, or they can bring their family. What they can not do is let their family or buddy come without them. They (the employee) is ultimately responsible for anything that goes on at the pond. If they or their group trash it up or otherwise behave improperly, fishing rights can be eliminated. We only keep responsible employees, so to date it has worked fine. We actually only have a few that take advantage of it a couple times a year.

I know this would not work for die hard fishermen, which I am not. My pond is for general recreation with trophy fish only by accident if it happens. So hook shy fish is not a big concern for me. Just get some HYBG and they bite pretty readily.

My contribution to this thread is that I use written rules so there is no ambiguity, and I make sure that there is a single person held responsible for any group actions. My grandson brings buddies to fish, but he gets advance permision and he knows if there is trouble he is the one responsible for any of their actions and his privelages as well as his buddies are subject to revocation.

Last edited by snrub; 03/09/17 02:30 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine