Mark,

As you know, I invite a lot of people out to the farm. I have not yet had a big problem with anyone I have invited. I have a lot of rules and I make darn sure the rules are known in advance. I always have a project available if needed to fill the time and use up some "extra" energy.

Also, If some one wants to come out, I ask if they are expecting to bring any one with them right up front. If they try to change the request, it is at my discretion, and they only get one chance to do that. If it happens again, a family emergency pops up and the outing is CNXed.

Fishing is about having fun and my research. If they are going to fish, they are going to cull and clean the ones I want. If I have the WW out, they can have any fish they want, they have earned them.

I only let very good friends shoot. If I have a new shooter come out, they are one on one, and I am the boss, period. Any push back, and its over. The range is closed, even if I am the bad guy.

If someone wants to bring out family, and then more family, and then more family, and then... I'll have a conversation with the original person and ask why I have earned this disrespect. That said, we have great places and they want to share them with their family. So it is a balancing act. If you don't want any problems, don't invite anyone, but please don't change the combo on the gate...

I find the easiest way to minimize the problems is to be up front on the rules, and enforce them.

Of course, shooting a snake or two also sets the tone smile

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%