Tony, you forgot the Fein nibbler!!!

Actually, the only thing I really wanted since moving here 3 years ago was to close in our 24X24 tractor shed, and turn it into a storage building for all things outdoor and gas related. I got that this fall when the 70 yo guy that built everything here came out of retirement to do this job for me. I had no clue such precision work could be done with a piece of string, a pocket measuring tape, and an ancient piece of sandstone. In short, the guy's an artist.

The whole job could have been done in a few days if I had hired somebody that built steel buildings, but it took 2 weeks to finish this job since he only worked 3-4 hours a day. But what that did do is give me a chance to be there every second and learn. I swept, hauled purling, watched torch work, watched the back of steel as he welded to get a look at the weld penetration, basically all the 101 stuff many of you may take for granted. After all that, I feel like it's time for me to quit hauling lumber from the big box store, and start hauling steel.

A power tool rack for the main shop, and a nice, build it once, welding table will be the first things I do. Scott's already given me some great advice about the table, but when the time comes, I'll need your input also.

Sometimes all this homestead/pond stuff can be a physical and mental beating for me, but this welding deal has gotten me excited again. The possibilities are endless.

AL