Haab, the pond was worse before installing the aeration system (look at the photos in the beginning of this thread), and Bill D was right that the pond deteriorated quickly after removing it, and that it was a thriving ecosystem while in place. Long story short it took a lot of work to rehabilitate this pond and IMO the aeration system contributed to it remaining a healthy BOW. Removing the aeration system simply allowed it to go back to it's natural condition in a highly eutrophic BOW.

Yet I also think this is a very wise statement by Bill:
Originally Posted By: Bill D.
I will say that IMO, if you introduce aeration to a pond to improve water quality and then establish an ecosystem based on that improved water quality, I would expect that bad things could happen if you take the aeration away.

And thanks guys for the kind words and well wishes! All is good and I'm excited for the next chapter ahead. Including building a front porch, a deck in back and a 30x40 outbuilding/workshop. This time I'll be able to call it mine smile .

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES