Originally Posted By: TGW1
Schwarz is not the only one in Texas going with the fresh water prawns to put weight on his Florida lmb. I have talked to Mark @ Camelot Bell Ranch and he is also feeding freshwater prawns and telling of good lmb growth. I can relate to what Schwartz said about growing lmb in a heavy stocked forage fish pond, where it's tough to get a bite sometimes when fishing for lmb. He talks of where he added F1's hoping to improve the fishing and then realized he should have stayed with his original plan of using pure Florida lmb . I have thought about adding some northern lmb to my pond to improve the bite, but I am staying with the Camelot from Overton's Texas Legacy Lmb. The prawns sound interesting but like Tp and where I am located , it will be necessary to add the prawns every spring. It's not so easy to stay with the plan when you are there fishing and can't catch an lmb. One of these days, maybe after I get my first spawn of lmb I will add some prawns to the pond and see what happens.

Tracy, if I recall correctly, freshwater prawns can be grown together with tilapia in a forage pond. Prawns eat detritus from TP, and TP leave them alone, so a good combination. I'd like to try it myself next year, in fact.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160