Cos, for me it has been all about trying to grow double digit lmb, so I started out with heavy forage base of cnbg,res,tfs,tp, crawfish and 120lbs of fhms with all spawning before the fingerling Camelot Bell (now Texas Legacy LMB) were added. I believe I have around 20 lmb per acre right now but this is not a sure count. This is in a 3.5 acre pond. With all the forage it makes it hard to catch a lmb sample for growth rates. And I am not fishing for lmb except to sample. I have caught one lmb in the last 6 months. I am trying not to introduce lures for catch and release until the lmb are in the 8 to 10 lb range. I am finding out it is not as easy as I thought it would be to grow out some Xtra large lmb, even with the best genes available. If I want to fish at the pond I pick up a fly rod for the cnbg and or res. Those are now two yrs old, feed daily, and some big ones are in the pond for catching and releasing.

One concern I have is weather or not I will get a spawn of lmb next spring. With all the larger cnbg I am not to sure I will get survival of lmb fry next spring.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy