dchance, what you describe used to drive me nuts, until I realized there are, or could be so many factors/influences involved within that ecosystem, out of our control (as the others have stated).

For weeks on end it's a feeding frenzy, the fish are biting non-stop, life is good. Then, like a light switch it changes. I'm scratching my head and going into a panic thinking there's something wrong or it's something I've done. Is it due to a spawn period, barometric pressure, newly hatched forage, unknown predator killing my fish, drop in DO (algae die-off), too many cloudy days, too many sunny days, heavy rains, moon phase, pond turned over, maybe I'm wearing the wrong color clothes (yes, it's crossed my mind), etc.

Now when it happens I'll use any one of the above reasons/excuses, wait it out, and before long things are back to "normal",,,,, until the next head-scratcher.

If it's any consolation, my fish aren't feeding, I haven't caught a LMB or HSB in over a month and can't catch a BG over 5-6". But I have other issues I'm dealing with.

Hang in there and I'm guessing (hoping) that you'll be reporting back with some positive news.

PS - I too have ran out of food but it never took but more than a few days for them to get back into the routine, especially the BG. Unless it was one of those down-spells.

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES