I agree 100 percent in what Bill says. I vowed never to come back, but will this one time. Not sure if anyone will see this but here goes:

I think the producers of this site and the magazine have a golden opportunity but they are blowing it. The magazine should be evolving but it is not. As mentioned earlier the content gets repetitive which is compounded by the lack of fresh authors.I was impressed at first but then realized there was not much technical or scientific data, and it took less then 10 minutes to breeze through the magazine. The price is just not justified by the content. I don't know any publication that has followed this flawed formula that has lasted. Additionally the magazine could increase it's subcription rate dramatically by catering also to northern states with knowlegable writers from northern states. Not the same few southern writers that are not as adept at northern topics.

As a published outdoor writer (fishing magazines, outdoor column, and soon to be published book on trout ponds), I tried to tell McDonald they were shooting themselves in the foot by not compensating contributors. Maybe I came on a little strong but the intend was constuctive critcism. Not compensating writers really hit a nerve. The response I got was, "Good luck with your writing." No new subscription coming from me and possibly even the creation of my own magazine and interactive website in the future.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.