I have a 3 acre pond that was finished in June 2015 and was stocked with FHM and GSH at full pool that month.I then had 1200 BG and 800 RES stocked in October 2015. I stocked 300 LMB in April 2016.
We just have started to do some fishing the last few weeks and are mainly catching fish like the pictures below.These are extremely healthy and really thick.I doubt these fish were bucket stocked.Could they have been missed when my F1 were stocked at 2" long?Is it possible to get this much growth in 10 months?I have looked at the topography maps to try to figure out if it is possible they came from another body of water.Most years fish migration would be almost impossible but this year we have had torrential downpours and my pond has a large watershed.
Are these fish going to negatively effect my pond goals?My LMB are now in the 10-12" range with RW's averaging around 150%.The few BG I have caught are at 115% plus RW.I hand feed pellets 3 to 5 times a week.What kind of spawning success will these fish have? Should I cull them ASAP?Will they compete with LMB for forage?
These toads are a blast to catch on 4lb test and an ultralight but it is not worth keeping them if the are going to ruin our fishing long term.

[img]http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah23...p;1473091884649[/img]

Last edited by tubguy; 09/05/16 11:12 AM.