Hi. Im starting this personal project. It is a quarry, 600X900 feets (size). max deph is around 30 feets.
My goal is to get better visibilitu in the water.
There are few fishes, almost no acuatic vegetation. P levels are somehow high (water analisis shoews P are below permitd levels but not far from limit).
At the beginig water was somehow clear, like 30 ffets clear. But that was at the surface and till 15/20 feets deep. From there the water was reaaly dark, and witha strong sulphur smell.
reading information (there is no pro help here available) in this forum, I started with the idea of areation. I mounted a compresor and an air difuser, 30 feets deep (my calculations were to install 5 of this areators, I started with 1 for testing purposes). The water moved by the aereator is reaaly impresive. The water comeing from the bottom was really "smelly", a very strong sulphur smell came up, thatwas for the first week, then the smell was decreasing. After 2 weeks the smell desapeared, completly. The dark water in the bottom desapeared. But at this time the water turned green, really green. Water clarity decreased to only 1 feet. The bottom now is in dark: no light reaches the bottom (is filtered in the first 2 meters of the water column).
almost 2 moths has passsed and not improvements in ewater clarity.
I know Im haveing an algae bloom.
I have added benefical bacteria.
Now Im planning to use Aluminium sulphate to deny P to the algae. What do you think about it, can you tell me how do I calculate the amount of alumiun sulphate I need?
I have done tests on bottles: the water turns milky, and a cludy water forms.
Here it is some data of the water analisis:
PH: 6.6
CO3CA 266
Phosphates 1,8 mg/l
S 0.95 mg/l
Disolved O2 7.2 ppm
DBO 122
CACO3 203 mg/l
NO3- <5
NO2- 0.01
SO4= 103 mg/l

I know that in a long term , to control phosphates I should have acuitic plants? Im in that way, but for the moment I need to control this algae bloom.
Thanks for the help and advices