I sure appreciate all the wonderful comments. They are what we all love about Pond Boss. I participate in several other internet forums, but none are like the Pond Boss forum. So, I'll still be lurking and checking in now and then.

This is the only on-line place where I've become very close personal friends through the Internet. The many wonderful international get-togethers we've had is incredible. Many who have posted in this thread have hosted, organized, and participated in the Pond Boss get-togethers all over the US.

We've fished together in Canada, where our Canadian Pond Boss friends couldn't keep the fish they caught in Canada! My wife and I have hosted several Pond Boss gatherings. Bob Lusk has been at two of them.

Yes, I'll still be lurking.

As many of you know, our doors are always open for guests -- yes TJ, you should know that you too are always more than welcome.

I'm sure I'll need a place to share my recipes. (We just got back from two weeks in the Scottish Highlands. I enjoyed lots of great haggis and lots of great fish. Come join me for some great haggis recipes.)

Gayle -- while we were on vacation, my banana peppers and cucumbers produced perfectly. Between last night and this afternoon I put up this season's fourth batch of pickled peppers and pickled cucumbers. Also, for many years, our last stop on our way to Oak Island has been for gas, for a snack, and for a rest stop in Mt. Olive. The "new" road is much quicker than the old road.

Lastly, besides my alligator pond, I realized I do have a pond that I manage at our beach home. Our community association has about a 1/10 acre pond with a colorful fountain. Unfortunately, the pond is ugly and awful. Even the alligators seem to avoid it. I started working on it last spring. This coming spring I will be adding tilapia and koi.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!