Crappie will not make a 'dent" in numbers of GSF. Walleye will be a weaker predator of GSF than SMB. I have proven this by stocking more than 100 walleye per acre over 4 yrs. I see evidence of SMB controlling GSF on one local pond. SMB at a high density 100/ac will effectively control young GSF after several year. HSB with SMB also help control GSF. Two or three sizes of SMB will result in faster control. You will have to manually thin the larger GSF for several years to reduce their density since the larger GSF currently have a population "head start". The fastest natural control of the GSF will be to use LMB of several sizes which have been proven numerous times to effectively control GSF. LMB will usually prevent recruitment of small YP - I proved this several times in ponds. Larger LMB will also require you to stock larger add-stock trout. For SMB check with Laggis Fish Farm in Gobbles MI. Don't let him talk you into using walleye nor pike - neither will be as good long term for your specific goals fro reducing GSF as SMB or LMB.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 08/27/16 08:49 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management