I have made purchases from Newtechbio but not bacteria. I have been using bacteria and Eco Boost in 2 of our 3 BOWs for the last 3 months as an experiment. One BOW suffers from agricultural runoff and filamentous algae problems while the other has zero ag runoff but typically has coontail and sago pondweed problems. I dosed both with copper sulfate in the spring and they looked really good through the end of May this year. Then things went downhill fast.

For the last 3 months i have applied the Eco Boost and bacteria to both of those ponds in the amount recommended by the lake management company i hired to do the electrofishing surveys in May. The bottom line is, so far, i do not see any difference in the water quality in either pond.....none. I now have lots of FA in one pond and lots of sago and coontail in the other.

The bacteria and Eco Boost are both expensive. I realize that 3 months may not be enough time to see results. I am going do this treatment once each month (as recommended) through October. Both of these BOWs are small....approximately 1.5-1.6 acres each. Not going to buck up and do the same to our 6.5 acre pond until i get a better feel as to whether or not the bacteria is working. I realize that these treatments are not intended to kill FA, coontail or sago pondweed but i was looking for less of these three. So far i am not convinced.