Originally Posted By: RAH
There are a lot of nice marginal/emergent plants that will soak up nutrients and help keep the pond healthy. There are also some very nice and well behaved water lilies available. I have had poor luck establishing Vallisneria (eelgrass), but this appears to be a good submerged plant. What is the maximum depth of your pond, and how much of your pond is that deep?

Thanks For the reply, I'm completely ignorant of any good plants to it would be greatly appreciated for some very specific plants you have in mind. Max depth might be 5 ft..and that be in a very small area..mostly it runs 3-3.5. Some areas in 4 + . It's a 3/4 acre pond mostly with the depths I described...however there is a 15% area that is a foot or less.
Also were does one obtain some of these desirable plants? Thank you...I'm gonna try to get this pond improved..I don't have endless resources for sure...but some of my problems are ignorance, and could have been prevented...I knew we need some plant life and the carp had become counter productive..I know they had to be eating other things..not sure what!!!!

Here's a quarter, go downtown and have a rat knawl that thing off your forehead